What can you do to assist?
- Remove any tarps and straps prior to entering the inspection site
- At the inspection site, turn off the vehicle, set the parking brake, get out of the vehicle, and assist with the inspection
- Make sure the bilge plug is removed and available to be replaced at the end of the inspection
- Open all compartment hatches including but not limited to: live/bait wells, bilge areas, anchor compartments, equipment compartments and any other compartments that hold items that have come into contact with the water body
- Have the battery switch turned on so that the engine can be lowered or pumps can be activated
- Have the anchor and ropes out of their compartment for inspection
Return to AIS Prevention Program homepage